VIMAR S.p.A. protects the privacy of the end consumers who purchase a Vimar product (hereinafter, the “Persons concerned”) by taking all the appropriate measures for the protection of personal data under the provisions of the law. VIMAR S.p.A. guarantees to the Persons concerned that the processing of the data collected using electronic means is carried out by reducing to a minimum the collection and use of personal data and identifying data, limiting the use of the same to the cases in which it is strictly necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which they have been collected.
The note describes the procedures used to process the information which might come into the possession of VIMAR S.p.A. when the Person concerned uses certain Vimar products connected with the Internet network, and the procedures for processing those personal data. Any “personal data” that may be collected using the technologies of VIMAR S.p.A. will be processed in conformity with EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”). This policy is provided pursuant to art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The data processing is carried out in compliance with the fundamental rights of freedom and personal dignity, with particular reference to privacy, personal identity and the right to the protection of personal data. VIMAR S.p.A. Guarantees that specific safety measures will be implemented and adhered to prevent the loss of the data, any unlawful or incorrect use of the same and/or any unauthorised accesses to the same. Pursuant to article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby provide the following information:
The data controller is VIMAR S.p.A. with registered offices at Viale Vicenza 14, Marostica (VI) (hereinafter, “VIMAR”).
All requests and enquiries relating to the processing of personal data can be sent to the above-mentioned Data Controller, at the following addresses:
The data can only be collected by Vimar when the end consumer requests assistance from the Vimar support centre. Indeed, in this case, our service centre must ask for the credentials needed in order to access the products to be provided so that it can intervene and resolve the problem reported by the Person concerned. Without this information, our support centre cannot intervene and resolve the problem identified by the Person concerned.
Once the problem has been resolved, every Person concerned must change the password to restore the level of security protecting their data.
Every Person concerned is responsible for guaranteeing and verifying the ownership and safekeeping of their access credentials. These credentials must be changed later, each time the Vimar Support Centre intervenes.
The personal data are only processed for the purpose of resolving the problem for which the Person concerned requests intervention.
Personal data will be retained for the time necessary to ensure the proper provision of the services offered by VIMAR. After this period the data will be deleted.
By using the Support Centre, and providing the password with which the same can enter and proceed in carrying out the relative maintenance activities, the Person concerned gives their consent for VIMAR to collect and use their information, in line with the terms and conditions established herein. The data will only be processed for the purpose of performing assisted maintenance procedures on the installed product. The Person concerned must change the password when the maintenance session ends.
Rights of the persons concerned
Finally, we remind you that pursuant to articles 15 to 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the persons concerned have the right to:
1. Access their data and obtain confirmation from the Data Controller of the existence or non-existence of personal data and their communication in an intelligible form;
2. obtain from the Data Controller access to the information as specified in article 15 paragraph 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation and, in particular, receive:
3. Have the data corrected without unjustified delay and have them integrated if incomplete, providing an integrative declaration;
4. Have their personal data deleted without unjustified delay and have them cancelled in the cases envisaged by article 17 of the of the General Data Protection Regulation, without prejudice to the terms set forth in paragraph 3 of the same article;
5. Have the processing restricted pursuant to article 18 of the General Data Protection Regulation;
6. Obtain their personal data in a structured form, of common use that can be interpreted using an automatic device, and provide them to another Data Controller pursuant to article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation;
7. object, wholly or in part:
The above-mentioned rights can be exercised with a request sent to VIMAR via product privacy requests form or by post to the address of VIMAR S.p.A. – Viale Vicenza 14 – 36063 Marostica (VI).
Pursuant to article 15 paragraph 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation, when you request additional copies of your personal data, the Data Controller can charge a fee towards the administrative cost of fulfilling this request.
Amended on 10/04/2018